Access to basic medical care foundation through her cancer advocacy provides intentional opportunities for evaluation of cancer.
2022 Cervical cancer campaign programme aimed to initiate, nurture and sustain community based intervention.
Location : SABO COMMUNITY
IBADAN NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ,OYO STATE.
A community entry visit to the Seriki and Rural focus groups for active participation.
ABC medical Foundation’s cardinal intervention:
1. Provision of awareness, health promotion and prevention strategies to address the gap in cervical cancer.
2. Change the narrative in the health seeking behaviour of women in the community regarding cancer screening.
3. Contribute to the realization of RIGHT to seek health intervention and improve uptake of cervical screening services.
4. Train and mobilise female community health workers and volunteers.
5. Recruit women for community based health education intervention. Implement a home-based cultural sensitive programme to increase education for early presentation for screening and diagnosis of cancer.
6. Cervical cancer screening using VIA was conducted Free of Charge for women. A total of 160 were screened.
7. Individual counselling for presentation to ensure uptake of further screening protocol upon detection to access clear referral pathway for management.
8. Training of the public health personnel officers for continuity and referrals to ABC for prompt evaluation where necessary.
9. Provision of Free drugs to women following consultation by medical Doctors.
At ABC medical foundation, our commitment is bold and firm to saving Nigerian lives, empower the women of Nigeria access to combat treatable cancers.
Be part of humanitarian delivery of healthcare service.
Together, let us #closethecaregap.
Dr Olamiji Ajanaku
Chief Operating Officer
ABC medical Foundation.